Piqué and Vidal win almost half a million in European Poker Tour
The Barcelona footballers were playing in a game at the Barcelona Casino and it's not the first time Piqué has won a big sum at the European Poker Tour.
For the last three days, Barcelona has been hosting the European Tour Poker, which is the most important and oldest of its type in Europe. This year, they tried to beat the success and records set for applicants from last year. The Barcelona Casino has done that by contacting the city's biggest stars: Gerard Piqué and Arturo Vidal.
💶💶 HIGH ROLLER - 25k 💶💶— Casino Barcelona (@CasinoBarcelona) 26 de agosto de 2019
🤡 ¡Chorprecha! 🤡
Tenemos a Arturo Vidal @kingarturo23 y Gerard Piqué @3gerardpique jugando el 25.000 High Roller de 1️⃣ día.
El chileno ha conseguido doblarse ya con escalera contra set de damas y lo está disfrutando de lo lindo. #EPTBarcelona pic.twitter.com/dMKuAn3WCe
The Barcelona players were given a tour of the facility and on Monday, they participated in a €25,000 High Roller 1-day event. It's one of the most highly-anticipated event of the competition. It came as a surprise (it shouldn't have as Piqué has been a regular at the casino for almost a decade) that the pair had a fairly obvious talent for cards.
Piqué landed second place at the tournament and a prize of €352,950 while Vidal wasn't too far behind. He finished fifth in the standing and took home €134,460. The winner was a professional Spanish player, Juan Pardo, who beat Piqué in a heads-up after the rest had been eliminated.
It's not the first time Piqué won at this casino and not the first time that he participated with success on the European circuit. In 2011, he finished third in another event on the EPT and in the summer of 2017, he finished fifth in a game of No Limit Hold 'Em after an almost 12-hour game.
Te recomendamos en English
- UEFA | EUROPA LEAGUE Europa League 2020/21 round of 16 draw: as it happened
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: Henderson out until April after surgery on injury
- NFL NFL: Wilson hasn't demanded trade from Seattle Seahawks, says agent
- NBA NBA: Irving, Harden inspire Brooklyn Nets to eighth win in a row
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, IRS tax refund, House vote | Live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: what time is the vote in the House?