Atlético: Nikola Kalinic loaned to Roma with purchase option
According to reports in Italy, the operation will depend on whether Patrik Schick leaves to join RB Leipzig. Ivan Saponjic has nudged Kalinic down the pecking order at Atleti.
While much of the spotlight at Atlético de Madrid is on the situation involving Ángel Correa and Rodrigo, several outlets in Italy - including Sky Sports and La Gazzetta dello Sport claim that the Spanish club have reached an initial agreement with Roma for the loan of striker Nikola Kalinic, who will join the Italians for a fee of between seven and eight million euros. It is also being reported that Roma will retain the option to buy the player when the loan arrangement expires next summer. The deal will be made official when Roma complete the transfer of Patrik Schick to Leipzig - talks between the two clubs continue for the Czech striker.
Nudged down the order at Atleti
Ivan Saponjic's arrival at Atlético has reduced Kalinic's chances of getting first team action and last season he failed to live up to expectation when he was used. Now Simeone wants to complete what would be a stellar frontline by bringing in Rodrigo - to do that, first he must find new clubs for Correa and Kalinic, neither of whom have provided the solutions in attack he is looking for.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Champions League draw: who can play who?
- EURO 2020 Spain to host Cristiano's Portugal in final Euro 2020 warm-up
- Carvajal tells Mbappe: The best play for Real Madrid
- LIVERPOOL Minamino: RB Salzburg confirm Liverpool talks for midfielder
- Champions League Juventus: Sarri eager to face José Mourinho in Champions League
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Carvajal up for Mbappé move and Cristiano final