Thiago Silva asks Neymar to stay with PSG
The Paris Saint-Germain captain has spoken to RMC Sport about how he has tried to convince his 'indispensible' Brazilian teammate to avoid calls from LaLiga.
The Neymar soap opera continues into the final week of the summer transfer window, and in the midst of the negotiations between PSG and Barcelona - and Juventus - his teammate for club and country, Thiago Silva, has put his own view forward on what he should do.
Thiago tells Neymar to stay
Speaking to RMC Sport, the PSG captain admitted that he told his reported wantaway forward that he shouldn't leave the French capital.
Also worth a read | Real Madrid's Neymar pursuit is purely Pérez posturing
"Yes, I told him to stay," Thiago said going on to state that he considers Neymar "indispensable for any club. Indispensable for Barça when he left and is indispensable for us."
The captain also addressed the conflict between the star and the Parisian club, who has not yet represented this season.
"It is a personal problem between the player and the club. I hope he stays."
As we reported earlier today, representatives from FC Barcelona and PSG are meeting, with a reported 100 million euros plus Dembélé and Semedo being demanded to release the Brazilian. Barça are said to only accept the loss of Dembélé from their ranks, and would be willing to include a mandatory purchase option of 170 million euros.
It will all be over soon...
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, when to expect and who will get it
- UFC UFC 257 Poirier vs McGregor: how & where to watch - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE De Bruyne injured: how will Manchester City cope without star?
- Football AS chooses its Legends XI: The greatest soccer team ever
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Koeman concerned about fatigue, fixtures and injuries
- SERIE A Fernando Llorente close to making Udinese move