Thiago Silva asks Neymar to stay with PSG
The Paris Saint-Germain captain has spoken to RMC Sport about how he has tried to convince his 'indispensible' Brazilian teammate to avoid calls from LaLiga.
The Neymar soap opera continues into the final week of the summer transfer window, and in the midst of the negotiations between PSG and Barcelona - and Juventus - his teammate for club and country, Thiago Silva, has put his own view forward on what he should do.
Thiago tells Neymar to stay
Speaking to RMC Sport, the PSG captain admitted that he told his reported wantaway forward that he shouldn't leave the French capital.
Also worth a read | Real Madrid's Neymar pursuit is purely Pérez posturing
"Yes, I told him to stay," Thiago said going on to state that he considers Neymar "indispensable for any club. Indispensable for Barça when he left and is indispensable for us."
The captain also addressed the conflict between the star and the Parisian club, who has not yet represented this season.
"It is a personal problem between the player and the club. I hope he stays."
As we reported earlier today, representatives from FC Barcelona and PSG are meeting, with a reported 100 million euros plus Dembélé and Semedo being demanded to release the Brazilian. Barça are said to only accept the loss of Dembélé from their ranks, and would be willing to include a mandatory purchase option of 170 million euros.
It will all be over soon...
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGA MX Giovani dos Santos could leave Club América this summer
- Coronavirus US Coronavirus US: who has to wear a mask after the vaccine?
- WORLD NEWS What has Biden said about the possible ceasefire and conflict between Israel and Palestine?
- 2021 TAX SEASON Tax Filing 2021 deadline: is it possible to request an extension?
- 2021 TAX SEASON Tax Deadline 2021: what happens if you file taxes late?
- ENTERTAINMENT Who is Andrea Meza, winner of Miss Universe?