PSG-Barcelona Neymar talks end without an agreement
Tuesday's negotiations between the parties did not find a solution, however, there were still positive noises coming out of the Camp Nou club.
The discussions on Tuesday between PSG and Barcelona over the potential transfer of Neymar came to an end without an agreement. Even so, representatives of the Blaugrana came out with a positive message that they were still hopeful of concluding a successful deal before the transfer window closed on Monday 2 September.
Neymar still in limbo
In addition to the optimism from the Catalan club, the player is said to have made it clear to PSG that he wants to leave them in order to rejoin the club he snubbed just two years ago, a gesture he was requested to do by his suitors.
Leonardo, PSG's sporting director, has been in charge the proceedings at the meeting for the French champions, due to the absence of president Al-Khelaifi, while Oscar Grau, Javier Bordas and Eric Abidal have represented Barça. Israeli agent Pini Zahavi has been the intermediary between both parties.
Please don't go | PSG captain Silva pleads with Neymar to stay
As reported earlier, there was a meeting ahead of today's discussions with PSG of Neymar's father and FC Barcelona as the Spanish contingent aimed to convince him that a return to Catalonia was the right move.
Stories have emanated throughout the day of the figures being discussed to make the move a reality and we await further revelations as they happen.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane's internal debate
- TRANSFER RUMOURS Premier League: Arsenal intensify Nuno interest and keep Martínez in mind
- VALENCIA - REAL MADRID Zidane and Celades: friends in Madrid, rivals in Valencia
- FOOTBALL Michael Owen: "I was already in decline by the time I was 23"
- Rashford eager to live up to 'nice' Ronaldo comparisons
- LIVERPOOL Liverpool: "Klopp has made me who I am today" - Alexander-Arnold