Fenerbahçe snap up free agent Adil Rami
Adil Rami's contract with Olympique de Marseille was terminated two weeks ago, but he has found a new club after signing a one-year deal with Fenerbahçe.
France defender Adil Rami has joined Fenerbahçe following his sacking by Olympique de Marseille. The 33-year-old's contract with the Ligue 1 side was terminated two weeks ago for gross misconduct, after he reportedly skipped training to take part in a reality TV show.
Rami, who spent two years at Marseille following spells with Lille, Valencia, AC Milan and Sevilla, has been handed a one-year deal by Fenerbahçe with the option of a further 12 months. "I'm very happy to be here," he told his new club's official website. "I've watched the derbies before - there is a real passion here. I'm going to start training now with my new team-mates. I'm going to try to find myself slowly, then I will prepare for the matches. I'm so proud to be here. I will do my best as a part of the Fenerbahce family."
World Cup winner
Rami was part of France's World Cup-winning squad last year but did not play a single minute in Russia.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Why weren’t the funds from the $3000/$3600 child tax credit not sent with the stimulus check payments?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Golden State Stimulus: How to claim the extra $500 under the California Comeback Plan
- OLYMPICS 2021 | ATHLETICS Seahawks' DK Metcalf impresses in 100m but misses Olympics
- Boxing Boxing legend Mike Tyson believes that Floyd Mayweather is going to win against Logan Paul
- OLYMPICS 2021 | TENNIS Andy Murray targets peak for Wimbledon and Olympics
- Coronavirus Pfizer Vaccine Approval: When and where can children 12-15 get vaccinated?