Neymar the monk: PSG star in Netflix series 'Money Heist'
The Brazilian player takes his acting role in the hugely popular Spanish series 'La casa de papel', one of his favourite television escapes.
By Tuesday 27 August a decision on whether Neymar would be appearing for Barça or PSG was still undecided. However, the Brazilian star has been confirmed as a new member of the team behind "La Casa de Papel" (English name 'Money Heist'), reportedly one of his favourite TV series.
Neymar stars in the Money Heist
The 27-year old is lined up to play the character of a monk in episodes of the third season of the popular Spanish Netflix series. Last November, the player posted a cryptic photo on social media of him dressed up in a red jumpsuit and a Dalí mask, along with his teammate Kylian Mbappé. He appears in episodes 6 and 8 of the latest season, although these were initially aired without the footage of Neymar in July, as they awaited news on the accusations of rape to be resolved.
Once the case against him was dismissed for lack of evidence, Netflix re-added the scenes including the player for viewers to enjoy in full.
The Spanish production, which follows the ambitious plans of a criminal gang, broke audience records with its third installment, seeing more than 34 million viewers worldwide in the first seven days after its premiere. The scenes of the Brazilian player, which will appear for the first time in the series, were recorded at the beginning of the year.
Te recomendamos en English
- USWNT vs Colombia USWNT vs Colombia: women’s soccer, friendly match
- UFC What was outcome of the last Conor McGregor UFC fight?
- LALIGA Alavés vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- UFC UFC 257: McGregor "raring to go" as he and Poirier make weight
- NFL What are Aaron Rodgers & Tom Brady records? Super Bowl appearances, titles, completions...
- NFL Which team has played more NFL conference finals?