Wales: Aaron Ramsey withdraws from squad ahead of Euro 2020 qualifiers
He has not played a competitive game since April and now Juventus midfielder Aaron Ramsey has dropped out of the latest Wales squad.
Aaron Ramsey has pulled out of Wales' squad for their Euro 2020 qualifiers against Azerbaijan and Belarus next month.
The 28-year-old has been recovering from a hamstring injury sustained while playing for Arsenal in April and missed his new side Juventus' Serie A opener against Parma on Saturday. He played 20 minutes of the Bianconeri's pre-season friendly against Triestina on 17 August but will stay in Italy to work on his recovery rather than team up with Ryan Giggs' squad.
🏴 SQUAD UPDATE 🏴— Wales 🏴 (@Cymru) August 27, 2019
Aaron Ramsey has withdrawn from the Cymru squad for the upcoming matches against Azerbaijan and Belarus.
Dylan Levitt steps up from the U21s to replace him. #TogetherStronger | #WALAZE pic.twitter.com/WnzEKw7rgp
Opportunity knocks for Levitt
Manchester United youngster Dylan Levitt has been called up from the Under-21 squad to replace Ramsey.
Wales host Azerbaijan on 6 September 6 in Group E before taking on Belarus in a friendly three days later. Giggs' side sit fourth in their group after away defeats to Croatia and Hungary in June.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Can I refuse to have my temperature taken before work?
- LALIGA LaLiga given green light for Monday and Friday games this season
- PREMIER LEAGUE Four more positive tests in Premier League
- CORONAVIRUS 4th of July 2020: what’s going to happen on Independence Day?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Has Sweden’s herd immunity strategy failed?
- CORONAVIRUS Walt Disney World Resort to reopen: dates, safety measures