Neymar: Barcelona director says deal is 'closer' after PSG talks
Upon landing in Barcelona after Tuesday's negotations in Paris, Javier Bordas spoke to the gathered media with a sense of optimism.
Around 19:30 local time, FC Barcelona's negotiating expedition landed at the private flight terminal of El Prat airport in optimistic mood regarding the possibility of securing a return to the Camp Nou for Neymar Jr.
Neymar 'closer' to Barça return
The group was composed of Òscar Grau, club CEO, technical secretary, Éric Abidal, and sporting director, Javier Bordas. The agent André Cury stayed in Paris along with the Brazilian player and his family as they waited on developments to unfold.
And as the media gathered at the airport in hope of a glimmer of clarification on what had gone on - despite murmers of positivity immediately following the meeting with PSG's Leonardo - Bordas was the only one to oblige.
"There is no agreement," the director confirmed, before adding critically, "Not yet. We are still negotiating and I think we are closer."
When asked if the discussions were about coming to an agreement on money, his reply was simple: "Yes, of course."
Barcelona's team had also met with Neymar's father ahead of their talks with the Paris club.
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGA MX Club América retain second place after victory against Tigres UANL
- Real Madrid 2-1 Barcelona Real Madrid: Benzema matches Cristiano Ronaldo scoring run
- REAL MADRID 2-1 BARCELONA El Clásico: "Mendy fouled Braithwaite, it's a penalty" - Iturralde
- REAL MADRID 2-1 BARCELONA Piqué confronts Gil Manzano, Modric ticks him off: "You've been waiting just to have a go at the ref"
- BARCELONA Barcelona still optimistic about title hopes despite Real Madrid defeat, says Koeman
- COVID-19 VACCINATION Publix Vaccine: how to sign up and get an appointment