Neymar: Barcelona director says deal is 'closer' after PSG talks
Upon landing in Barcelona after Tuesday's negotations in Paris, Javier Bordas spoke to the gathered media with a sense of optimism.
Around 19:30 local time, FC Barcelona's negotiating expedition landed at the private flight terminal of El Prat airport in optimistic mood regarding the possibility of securing a return to the Camp Nou for Neymar Jr.
Neymar 'closer' to Barça return
The group was composed of Òscar Grau, club CEO, technical secretary, Éric Abidal, and sporting director, Javier Bordas. The agent André Cury stayed in Paris along with the Brazilian player and his family as they waited on developments to unfold.
And as the media gathered at the airport in hope of a glimmer of clarification on what had gone on - despite murmers of positivity immediately following the meeting with PSG's Leonardo - Bordas was the only one to oblige.
"There is no agreement," the director confirmed, before adding critically, "Not yet. We are still negotiating and I think we are closer."
When asked if the discussions were about coming to an agreement on money, his reply was simple: "Yes, of course."
Barcelona's team had also met with Neymar's father ahead of their talks with the Paris club.
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGUE 1 Nantes unveil new kit in honour of the late Emiliano Sala
- MLS Inter Miami has their eyes set on two Franchise Players
- 2022 WORLD CUP QATAR Aubameyang to face Salah in World Cup qualifying
- COPA DEL REY Shinji Kagawa and Zaragoza come out on top in Copa del Rey battle with Take Kubo's Mallorca
- Messi, Busquets and Pique rested for Ibiza trip
- Lovren lifts leaders Liverpool as defender returns to training