Colombia call up James and Falcao replacements
James Rodriguez's muscle injury has prevented him from being called up by Colombia for next month's friendly double header.
Real Madrid forward James Rodriguez and Radamel Falcao not been included in Colombia's squad for next month's friendlies against Brazil and Venezuela.
No James or Falcao for Colombia
Madrid confirmed on Monday the 28-year-old had suffered a calf injury in his right leg but did not say how long he would be out for.
James started for the Spanish giants for the first time since May 2017 on Saturday, when Zinedine Zidane's side were held to a 1-1 LaLiga draw by Real Valladolid.
Atletico Madrid and Napoli were reportedly interested in signing James during the transfer window, but a deal failed to materialise and it looks likely he will stay at the Santiago Bernabeu beyond the transfer deadline of September 2.
Falcao is yet to make an appearance for Monaco this season due to injury and in his absence Colombia have called up Duvan Zapata, Rafael Santos Borre, Luis Muriel and Roger Martinez in attack for the double header.
Te recomendamos en English
- E3 2021 Ubisoft Forward conference at E3 2021: times, stream online and how to watch
- US News Which European countries accept vaccinated travelers from the US?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit: how do I know if should have received the IRS letter?
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in Euro 2021? Saturday 12 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- ROLAND GARROS How many times has Nadal lost a match at Roland Garros?
- US News Fact check: can covid-19 vaccines make you magnetic?