Colombia call up James and Falcao replacements
James Rodriguez's muscle injury has prevented him from being called up by Colombia for next month's friendly double header.
Real Madrid forward James Rodriguez and Radamel Falcao not been included in Colombia's squad for next month's friendlies against Brazil and Venezuela.
No James or Falcao for Colombia
Madrid confirmed on Monday the 28-year-old had suffered a calf injury in his right leg but did not say how long he would be out for.
James started for the Spanish giants for the first time since May 2017 on Saturday, when Zinedine Zidane's side were held to a 1-1 LaLiga draw by Real Valladolid.
Atletico Madrid and Napoli were reportedly interested in signing James during the transfer window, but a deal failed to materialise and it looks likely he will stay at the Santiago Bernabeu beyond the transfer deadline of September 2.
Falcao is yet to make an appearance for Monaco this season due to injury and in his absence Colombia have called up Duvan Zapata, Rafael Santos Borre, Luis Muriel and Roger Martinez in attack for the double header.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: what is known about the July payment?
- Coronavirus California shuts down for the second time as Covid-19 cases keep increasing
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus live updates: Nigeria, South Africa, Uganda, Ghana... cases, deaths and news
- CORONAVIRUS USA Stimulus check: McConnell gives date for Senate debate to begin
- Coronavirus South Africa curfew: how to get permit to travel for work
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today