Messi still struggling with injury
The Barcelona star continues his recovery process and is unlikely to be fit for the Osasuna game at the weekend.
Leo Messi is very unlikely to be fit in time for Barcelona's match on Saturday away to Osasuna (17:00 CEST), although the dressing room are still hopeful the Argentinean might be ready.
Messi still not recovered
Messi continued his recovery process this Wednesday, working alone with a physiotherapist, meaning that in the very best situation he would only have two training sessions with the group before the Osasuna game. Scant time, taking into account that the forward has only had two training sessions since he came back to work on 5 August.
What's more, the club and coach Valverde are unwilling to take any risks with Messi, making it ever more likely that the decision will be taken to delay his return until after the international break, giving him nearly two more weeks to get fully fit and return for the match against Valencia at the Camp Nou on 14 September.
Griezmann, Rafinha, Pérez and Ansu Fati
If Messi is, as expected, out against Osasuna, Valverde will likely be able to use the front three he lined up against Betis: Griezmann flanked by Rafinha and Carles Pérez. And with the young Ansu Fati on the bench as back-up.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- Serie A Champions Inter Milan have 'serious financial problems' – Zanetti
- BARCELONA Neymar: Al-Khelaifi warns Barcelona not to push for Messi reunion
- NBA LeBron James injury: how long has he been out and how many games missed?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Who is Daniel Ek, the Spotify CEO who wants to buy Arsenal?