Messi still struggling with injury
The Barcelona star continues his recovery process and is unlikely to be fit for the Osasuna game at the weekend.
Leo Messi is very unlikely to be fit in time for Barcelona's match on Saturday away to Osasuna (17:00 CEST), although the dressing room are still hopeful the Argentinean might be ready.
Messi still not recovered
Messi continued his recovery process this Wednesday, working alone with a physiotherapist, meaning that in the very best situation he would only have two training sessions with the group before the Osasuna game. Scant time, taking into account that the forward has only had two training sessions since he came back to work on 5 August.
What's more, the club and coach Valverde are unwilling to take any risks with Messi, making it ever more likely that the decision will be taken to delay his return until after the international break, giving him nearly two more weeks to get fully fit and return for the match against Valencia at the Camp Nou on 14 September.
Griezmann, Rafinha, Pérez and Ansu Fati
If Messi is, as expected, out against Osasuna, Valverde will likely be able to use the front three he lined up against Betis: Griezmann flanked by Rafinha and Carles Pérez. And with the young Ansu Fati on the bench as back-up.
Te recomendamos en English
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo loving Sarri's new-look Juventus
- Premier League Pochettino: "This is the first time they've been in a tough period"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea: "I can understand why Giroud feels unhappy" admits Lampard
- FIFA CWC New 24 team FIFA Club World Cup set to be held in China
- MANCHESTER CITY Guardiola: Man City still not ready to win Champions League
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho joy at Liverpool's Old Trafford stalemate "The record is mine not theirs"