Varane missing from training as Zidane works with Madrid-lite
After the news that Isco has hamstring problems, Real Madrid's coaching team also worked out with the French defender away from the main group.
Zinedine Zidane took charge of Real Madrid training once again on Wednesday morning, as he looks to improve his new side's sharpness ahead of the trip to Villarreal on Sunday. The French coach's 'revolution' plans since his summer spending spree has been hit by injury after injury, leaving the first teamers working as a group in the Madrid sun, rather threadbare.
Isco and Varane the latest to fall
Following news earlier in the day that Isco would join the growing list of names needing personalised treatment, thanks to a hamstring injury, defender Raphael varane was also seen working inside the Valdebebas complex away from the main unit. As well as these two players Zidane was without James, Asensio, Brahim, Rodrygo, Hazard and Mendy, the latter two watching training being conducted as they spun their exercise bikes indoors.
Rodrygo did get a chance to run out on the turf, with every step to recovery for these players adding a glimmer of hope to fans that the revitalised starting line-up will be seen in the not too distant future. Thursday's training will be behind closed doors as the finer details of their approach against the Yellow Submarine are gone through.
Related news | "James isn't focused on his football as he should be"
Zizou knows that he needs to find immediate answers to his plight while his new stars get back to full fitness. Only when those players take to the field will we be able to judge the successfulness of the business done over summer.
Te recomendamos en English
- RUMOUR MILL Saudi crown prince to make new Man United offer - rumours
- Manchester United won't wait 30 years for title – Solskjaer aims dig at Liverpool
- MALLORCA 1 - 0 REAL MADRID "We didn't lack motivation or intensity” - Marcelo after Real Madrid's defeat to Mallorca
- LALIGA Mallorca record famous win over Real Madrid
- Crystal Palace 0-2 Manchester City Manchester City back in the groove
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Joao Félix out with sprained ankle