James Rodríguez injury not as bad as first thought
According to journalist Edu Aguirre, on Spanish show El Chiringuito, the Colombian should be back in action soon, but asked Queiroz not to select him.
The injury picked up by James Rodríguez is not serious. This was the report coming from Edu Aguirre, journalist on El Chiringuito, who said that the Colombian did not tear his soleus, meaning he may require as little as eight days to rest and fully recover, rather than being sidelined for three to four weeks as speculated.
James back soon for Zidane
"James Rodriguez does not have a tear, he does not even have a micro-tear," said Aguirre. "It is just a swelling, which means that he will not be out for a month; but instead 8 to 10 days.
"Next week James will return to training," he advised.
As well as the injury report, Aguirre commented that it was James himself who had asked Carlos Queiroz not to be selected for Colombia's upcoming international friendlies against Brazil and Venezuela. Their number 10 could have been ready for these games but his preference was to stay in the Spanish capital in order to make a full recovery.
"James's objective is to show Zidane and the club [Real Madrid] that he is commitment to them. He wants to stay, to be full on, and is convinced that this will be his season. For this reason he is not going with Colombia," he added.
The player will not be available for this weekend's clash against Villarreal - and he's not the only one missing for Zidane - meaning he will be back available for selection on 14 September against Levante at the Santiago Bernabéu.
Te recomendamos en English
- Mourinho quips: Will Man Utd get Man City's 2018 title after FFP breach?
- Real Madrid Real Madrid's season set to be determined by the next 30 days
- PORTUGAL Extraordinary scenes as Porto's Marega walks off pitch over racist chants
- REAL MADRID Rodrygo and Vinicius seem inextricably linked
- JUVENTUS Sarri explains reasons for Ronaldo's omission following Juventus win
- Champions League Champions League Istanbul 2020 final match-ball revealed