Luis Enrique's daughter Xana passes away after cancer battle
The former Barça and Spain manager shared the tragic news of his nine-year-old daughter who had been suffering from bone cancer for five months.
The former manager of the Spain national team and Barcelona, Luis Enrique, has announced on Twitter the death of his daughter Xana. The Spaniard left his role with La Roja suddenly a few months ago to be next to her during the months she was fighting against osteorsarcoma, a cancer of the bones.
His statement read:
“Our daughter Xana has passed away this afternoon at the age of 9 after fighting for 5 intense months against osteosarcoma.
We thank all the gestures of affection received during these months and we appreciate the discretion and understanding.
Also thanks goes to the staff of the San Joan de Deu and Sant Pau hospitals for their dedication and treatment, to the doctors, nurses and all the volunteers. With a special mention to the team of palliative priests of Sant Joan de Deu.
We will miss you very much but we will remember you every day of our lives in the hope that in the future we will meet again. You will be the star that guides our family.
The Martínez Cullell family.”
Our thoughts are with them all.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: could one be approved before the US election?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City close to signing Jules Koundé from Sevilla
- LALIGA Will Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atlético struggle this season?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Leicester sign Cengiz Under on loan from Roma
- EMMY AWARDS Emmy Awards 2020: times, dates and how and where to watch live online
- EMMY AWARDS Emmy Awards 2020: full list of key nominations by category