Atlético Madrid want Icardi loan after he rejects Monaco move
Atlético Madrid have shifted their focus from Rodrigo to Mauro Icardi as the transfer market gets set to close and clubs scramble for late deals.
In the home stretch in the transfer market, Monaco have clicked into overdrive. The exit of Radamel Falcao is moving apace and Leonardo Jardim is trying to find his replacement. He has picked Mauro Icardi but the player does not want to move to Ligue 1.
Icardi is on the outs at Inter Milan but reports in Italy's La Gazzetta say Atlético Madrid are the favourites to sign him. ESPN also cite sources in Madrid who say the club are keen to sign the player. Valencia's Rodrigo continues to look like an impossible target for Atlético and they have shifted focus.
Sky Italia say Monaco and Inter agreed on a fee of €65 million for the player with a €10 million net salary. The Argentine has tried and failed to leave Inter Milan in the past, however, as his financial demands remain a strumbling block. With Antonio Conte at the manager's helm now, however, it looks like his time at the club could be at its end.
Icardi has expressed to his agent and the club that he will not play at Monaco. He sees LaLiga as a better fit and while Atlético Madrid want a loan deal with the option to buy, Inter Milan want shot of the 26-year-old.
Diego Simeone's side remain favourites to land the striker but Napoli and PSG still have one eye on what happens as the transfer market draws to it's close.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus: Valverde and Madrid eager to fight for title after COVID-19 crisis
- Inter urged to sign Werner and Cavani by Pirelli chief
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus live updates: Nigeria, South Africa, Uganda, Ghana... cases, deaths and news, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus live updates: deaths and cases - UK, Australia, Canada, Spain... news today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- Bundesliga Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich Preview