Napoli snap up former Juventus striker Fernando Llorente
The Spaniard is en route to Naples to sign a two-year deal with the Serie A side after Tottenham decided not to extend his contract.
Fernando Llorente has agreed a deal to sign for Napoli, bolstering Carlo Ancelotti’s attacking options as the Gli Azzurri aim to overturn Juventus’ domestic dominance this season.
Llorente spent two season at the Old Lady after moving from Athletic Bilbao and brings plenty of European experience to Ancelotti’s side, something the Italian tactician noted in his pre-match press conference ahead of the meeting between Juventus and Napoli in Turin on Saturday evening.
Ancelotti: "He is a different kind of player to the forwards we have"
“If he comes in I’ll be very happy because everybody knows his style: he is a different kind of player to the forwards we have and he will add to our quality,” Ancelotti said.
Llorente is expected to undergo a medical on Saturday and put pen to paper on a two year deal at the San Paolo where he will team up with recent arrival Hirving Lozano, who Napoli signed for a club record 40 million euros last week.
Te recomendamos en English
- MANCHESTER CITY Raheem Sterling: "Sadly, racism has become normal again in football"
- Liga MX 10 conclusions left with the end of the seventh week of the Clausura 2020
- Premier League Manchester United would rather sign Diogo Jota than Raul Jimenez
- NAPOLI- BARCELONA Setién: "Barcelona do not talk much about Anfield or Rome"
- Vanessa Bryant submits wrongful death lawsuit against helicopter company
- Champions League Napoli “There is no space for Hirving Lozano here”