Napoli snap up former Juventus striker Fernando Llorente
The Spaniard is en route to Naples to sign a two-year deal with the Serie A side after Tottenham decided not to extend his contract.
Fernando Llorente has agreed a deal to sign for Napoli, bolstering Carlo Ancelotti’s attacking options as the Gli Azzurri aim to overturn Juventus’ domestic dominance this season.
Llorente spent two season at the Old Lady after moving from Athletic Bilbao and brings plenty of European experience to Ancelotti’s side, something the Italian tactician noted in his pre-match press conference ahead of the meeting between Juventus and Napoli in Turin on Saturday evening.
Ancelotti: "He is a different kind of player to the forwards we have"
“If he comes in I’ll be very happy because everybody knows his style: he is a different kind of player to the forwards we have and he will add to our quality,” Ancelotti said.
Llorente is expected to undergo a medical on Saturday and put pen to paper on a two year deal at the San Paolo where he will team up with recent arrival Hirving Lozano, who Napoli signed for a club record 40 million euros last week.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona boss Koeman responds to Real Madrid penalty controversy
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE Juventus could be kicked out of Serie A over Super League move
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid enquire about Spurs' defender Serge Aurier
- NBA Anthony Davis posts 42-point game against the Phoenix Suns
- US NEWS Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: efficacy, safety, side effects from Pfizer, J&J, Moderna...
- US NEWS Where is my Golden State stimulus? How to check & track