Events that will be affected by Dorian in Florida
The imminent arrival of Hurricane Dorian to the state of Florida has affected a series of sports events throughout the weekend, provoking to be canceled or rescheduled.
Florida is on high alert because of Hurricane Dorian, as it's expected that next Saturday, August 31 afternoon it'll touch United States soil, with some sporting events already affected by it.
After Dorian passed through Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, it's expected the storm to arrive in Florida, which is why some events have been postponed or relocated.
Official update on Saturday's game:https://t.co/dCOTkMXsxq— FSU Football (@FSUFootball) August 29, 2019
In NCAA Football, the Florida State Seminoles were going to play Boise State in primetime at Jacksonville, but it has been moved to Tallahassee for Saturday noon.
Orlando Pride postponed their match against the Washington Spirit, where the side of Alex Morgan and Marta will measure versus the capital team until October 5.
Also, two minor leagues have been canceled including its postseason, due to concerns generated by the impending arrival of the Hurrican Dorian in Florida.
Those non affected
Fortunately for Orlando City, the hurricane will not affect them because they will play at Avaya Stadium in California, where they will face the San Jose Earthquakes.
The Tampa Bay Rays start this Friday a series of three games against the Cleveland Indians at home, however, since the stadium is closed the don't believe it could affect the match.
Te recomendamos en English
- Entertainment The Oscars 2021: when are nominations announced and when is the ceremony?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks $1,400 third stimulus check: do any Republicans support the bill?
- American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 $400 unemployment benefits: how long has the House extended them?
- PLAYSTATION How to download Ratchet & Clank for free on PS4 & PS5: dates, times & availability
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Why was there a proposal for a $10,000 stimulus check and could it pass?
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT OF 2021 $400 new weekly unemployment benefits: when are they coming?