Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Carlos Vela doubtful for weekend matches
Both Los Angeles teams stars are going through some injury problems, with the LAFC captain likely to sit out this weekend's game, unlike Ibrahimovic.
Alarms bells sounded during last week's LA derby when LAFC star Carlos Vela left the game with a suspected injury; it was later confirmedthat the Mexican forward has suffered minor damage to his right hamstring, and he has been receiving treatment throughout the week to see if he will be fit to star against Minnesota United.
Coach Bob Bradley isn't too hopeful about Vela's chances of returning this weekend but there was some positive news - as the player is now back training which suggests his injury may just have been a sprain.
Galaxy take on the Seattle Sounders on Sunday, and coach Guillermo Barros Schelotto feels sure the Swede would be ready in time to play. "We talked for an hour, and Zlatan told me he needed to rest today so he could travel to Seattle and be ready for the game against the Sounders," Barros Schelotto concluded .
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGUE 1 PSG's Mbappé backtracks over Lille title winning comments
- USMNT Jesse Marsch and Brenden Aaronson win Austrian league title with Salzburg
- BARCELONA Barcelona set to confirm Agüero signing at end of season
- NBA NBA: Hawks, Knicks seal playoff places as Nets' Harden returns
- COVID-19 VACCINE What has CDC said about covid vaccine for 12-15 year old kids?
- US News What did Liz Cheney say about Donald Trump and the Republican Party?