Neymar negotiations not dead but still no deal with Barcelona – Leonardo
While they are yet to agree to a deal for Neymar, Leonardo said Paris Saint-Germain and Barcelona have time.
Paris Saint-Germain sporting director Leonardo insisted Neymar's potential move to Barcelona was not yet "dead", but admitted there was still no agreement. Neymar, 27, has been heavily linked with a return to Camp Nou, just two years after his world-record €222million move from Barça to PSG.
Requests not accepted
Speaking after PSG's 2-0 Ligue 1 win over Metz on Friday, Leonardo said there was still time to get a deal done with the LaLiga champions before the transfer window closes on Monday. "The negotiations aren't dead but there is no agreement because our requests haven't been accepted," he told reporters. "We are open to talking about players, but there is no agreement. The position of PSG and Neymar has always been clear, if a satisfactory offer arrived then he could leave, but that is not the case."
Ball in Barcelona's court
There have been reports of numerous different offers from Barcelona, who are apparently willing to include first team players as part of a deal for Neymar. But Leonardo revealed the first official offer from the Spanish giants had only arrived days ago. "The first written proposal of Barca was on 27 August," he said. Asked if there will be an agreement by Monday, Leonardo said: "I don't know. It depends on Barcelona."
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus stimulus checks What have Republicans said about a second stimulus check?
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits: can you still get them if you are fired?
- US election 2020 Election US 2020: who are the top economic officials named by Biden?
- LIGA MX Miguel Herrera to continue as the head coach of Club América
- BOXING Tyson admits to smoking a joint ahead of Roy Jones fight
- Football Aspetar to host sports medicine forum until Qatar 2022