Official: Arsenal's Nacho Monreal to join Real Sociedad
The Basque club confirmed that they have reached an agreement with Arsenal for the 33-year-old full-back who will sign a two-year contract.
Nacho Monreal has returned to Spain to join Real Sociedad. The Basque club confirmed this morning that they have reached an agreement with Arsenal for the Navarra-born defender, who will sign a two-year contract. At 33, the left-back no longer features in Unai Emery's plans and the coach gave his consent for the player to find another club.
Real Sociedad statement on Nacho Monreal
"Real Sociedad and Arsenal FC have reached an agreement for the trasnfer of Nacho Monreal. Separately, La Real have reached an arrangement with the player who will remain under contract at the club until 30 June 2021. Monreal will be officially presented on Monday, at a time yet to be confirmed", Real Sociedad's statement read.
Te recomendamos en English
- COPA DEL REY Atlético stunned by Cultural Leonesa in Copa del Rey shock
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Setién and Valverde not that different, says De Jong
- SCHALKE 04 Todibo: "During training, you had to defend Messi with caution"
- MANCHESTER CITY Silva: "Real Madrid called me year after year but I didn't go"
- Manchester United How bad are Manchester United under Solskjaer?
- REAL MADRID Benzema: Real Madrid striker agrees contract extension