Areola in Madrid to undergo medical ahead of move
Keylor Navas will go the other way to PSG on Monday after the Villarreal game is played as Areola gets ready to become a Real Madrid player.
The trade between PSG and Real Madrid involving Alphonso Areola and Keylor Navas is moving closer to completiom. The French keeper is in Madrid where he passed his medical in Valdebebas ahead of his move to the Spanish capital according to Edu Aguirre from El Chiringuito.
Areola did not play on Friday night as PSG beat Metz (2-0). He had been Thomas Tuchel's number one in the three previous games but was left on the bench in the most recent game with his impending move.
The swap will be complete on Monday, which is the final day of the transfer market in Spain and France. Once Real Madrid play their game on Sunday night at Villarreal, the international break begins, where Areola will join up with the French team.
Zinedine Zidane says Real Madrid's business is not done in the transfer window and says he wants one big signing and even hinted at another. The Areola signing solves an ongoing problem he had though with Courtois installed as his number one and Navas itching for playing time.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS IRS phone number: how can I talk to a real person on the helpline?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- US NEWS Houston close schools as Storm Beta approaches
- Hurricanes Tropical Storm Beta: why is the Greek alphabet used to name hurricanes?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: Democrats and Republicans look to strike deal on payment
- Coronavirus How many coronavirus cases are there in Sweden without lockdown?