Areola in Madrid to undergo medical ahead of move
Keylor Navas will go the other way to PSG on Monday after the Villarreal game is played as Areola gets ready to become a Real Madrid player.
The trade between PSG and Real Madrid involving Alphonso Areola and Keylor Navas is moving closer to completiom. The French keeper is in Madrid where he passed his medical in Valdebebas ahead of his move to the Spanish capital according to Edu Aguirre from El Chiringuito.
Areola did not play on Friday night as PSG beat Metz (2-0). He had been Thomas Tuchel's number one in the three previous games but was left on the bench in the most recent game with his impending move.
The swap will be complete on Monday, which is the final day of the transfer market in Spain and France. Once Real Madrid play their game on Sunday night at Villarreal, the international break begins, where Areola will join up with the French team.
Zinedine Zidane says Real Madrid's business is not done in the transfer window and says he wants one big signing and even hinted at another. The Areola signing solves an ongoing problem he had though with Courtois installed as his number one and Navas itching for playing time.
Te recomendamos en English
- GALATASARAY 0-REAL MADRID 1 Zidane: "There's never an easy week at Real Madrid"
- GALATASARAY 0 - 1 REAL MADRID Marcelo says Real Madrid unlucky not to score two or three against Galatasaray
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Liverpool stars deserve Ballon d'Or nominations, says Klopp
- ATLÉTICO 1-0 BAYER LEVERKUSEN Simeone: "Aragonés, Caminero, Kiko... we've all been whistled"
- MANCHESTER CITY Rodri pulls up as Manchester City battle Atalanta
- Barcelona are not treating Slavia Prague lightly, insists Valverde