Ahead of El Superclásico: River and Boca head-to-head
The 249th Superclásico meeting between the Argentine giants will kick-off at El Monumental in Nuñez (Buenos Aires) at 22:00 CEST.
Sunday's Superliga Argentina meeting between River and Boca will be the first meeting since the 2018 Copa Libertadores final which was ultimately staged in Madrid after violent incidents dogged the return leg of the game in Buenos Aires.
Marcelo Gallardo's River were victorious on that fresh December Madrid night and Boca will be anxious to avenge that painful defeat in the only domestic league meeting between both Argentine giants this season.
The game is also a precursor to the Copa Libertadores 2019 semi-final where 'Millonarios' and 'Xeneizes' will go head to head once again with a berth in the Santiago final at stake.
River Plate and Boca first met in 1913 with a River away win (1-2) in La Boca. To date both sides gave faced each other on 248 occasions with Boca winning 88, River victorious on 82 times and 78 games ending in stalemate.
Of these 248 meetings, 210 have taken place in the Argentine top flight with Boca edging out their neighbours from Nuñez 77-69 with 64 draws.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA 1 - 0 ESPANYOL Barcelona player ratings vs Espanyol as Suárez secures win
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA: When does Trump want schools to reopen?
- Man City 5-0 Newcastle Mahrez goal sees Man City break new ground in Premier League
- World Cup 2022 World Cup 2022: environmentally friendly vehicles for the fans
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: Trump says a second package will come "very soon"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Tottenham: Mourinho tells Spurs players that attitude "is non-negotiable"