De Ligt delivers discreet debut
The Dutch defender had an unforgettable evening at the Allianz stadium as his Juventus side overcame Napoli in a 4-3 thriller.
Juventus recorded a 4-3 win over Napoli in a dramatic match at the Allianz Stadium in a game where former Ajax defender Matthijs De Ligt made his Serie A debut.
The Dutch defender was culpable for the first two Napoli goals as the visitors surprised a packed Allianz Stadium clawing back to 3-3, having trailed 3-0 with Danilo, Higuian and Cristiano Ronaldo firing the 'Bianconeri' into, what appeared to be a comfortable lead on the hour mark.
Sarri's assistant Giovanni Martusciello was asked to comment on De Ligt's performance and stated: "One can concede goals, but not three in 16 minutes. Maybe we were too relaxed with a 3-0 scoreline. De Ligt still needs to adjust to a demanding league as is Serie A. That said, he's a bright lad and will pick things up quickly".
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Ledecky aiming for two golds in a day with Titmus in the way
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid defender Varane signs for Manchester United