Matteo Darmian the latest Manchester United departure
Manchester United have offloaded Matteo Darmian, who has signed a long-term contract with Parma.
Matteo Darmian has ended a difficult period at Manchester United by completing a permanent move to Parma.
Serie A for Darmian
Italy international Darmian returns to his homeland after agreeing a four-year deal with Roberto D'Aversa's side.
The full-back was quoted over the weekend as telling Sky Sport Italia the move was an "important opportunity" to revive his national team career, Darmian having last been capped in 2017.
Darmian's appearances in the Premier League waned from 28 in his first season to six in his last at Old Trafford.
He becomes the fourth United player to finalise a switch to Serie A in recent weeks, after Romelu Lukaku and Alexis Sanchez both joined Inter and Chris Smalling signed for Roma on loan.
Parma, ninth in the table after two games, have reportedly paid around €1.5million (£1.4m) to sign the 29-year-old.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Ronaldo scores in his 1,000th game
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Quique Setién: "Messi is a guarantee for any coach"
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Braithwaite after Barcelona debut: "I won't wash my clothes after hugging Messi"
- Bundesliga Paderborn confirm death of 14-month-old girl at Bayern game
- BARCELONA 5 - 0 EIBAR Real Madrid badge spotted on scoreboard at the Camp Nou
- Levante v Real Madrid Hazard off injured during Levante-Real Madrid with Clásico next week