Real Madrid: "Zidane has confused everyone, even the fans" - Jorge Valdano
Valdao offered his analysis as to Real Madrid's ongoing problems on El Transistor. "One of the problems is the defence, they move on impulse..."
Jorge Valdano gave his observations on Real Madrid's ongoing problems in last night's El Transistor programme.The Argentinean feels that something in Zidane is different to last season although that is just one of several issues Madrid have right now.
State of confusion
"One of the problems Madrid have is the defence, they all move on personal impulses and that leaves them out of position. As games wear on, the team seems to get distracted and that is when all sense of order is lost. Madrid's problems this season are not the same as the ones they experienced last season because from what we have seen so far, Zidane is not the same. Over the summer, he ended up confusing everyone - including the fans. Bale was supposed to leave but now he's an undisputed starter. They were waiting on Pogba but he never arrived. I get the impression that Zidane has been working based on the hypothetical assumption that Pogba would be joining. So during the pre-season, we saw him using different systems. In my opinion, instead of enhancing the team, he's confused the players. The team is still not defined, we don't know whether it's an attacking team or a more defensive team... When Zizou first took the Madrid coaching post, from Day One we were left in no doubt about what kind of team he wanted. He would always state who was going to play. Now we don't know which players are in his starting XI. If Madrid had a Champions League tie tomorrow..."
Te recomendamos en English
- Chelsea 2-0 Real Madrid Mount on Chelsea win over Real Madrid: We should've had five!
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Will the fourth stimulus check be approved? Can it still happen in May?
- BOXING What is Logan Paul's boxing record?
- BOXING What is Floyd Mayweather's boxing record?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES US supports waiving vaccine patents: what does it mean and how will it affect the pandemic?
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN $3000/$3600 Child Tax Credit: when will the monthly payments begin?