Al Khelaifi: "Neymar will only leave PSG for €300 million"
According to Le Parisien, the president of PSG met with the club's captains and told them Neymar would only leave if an offer of €300 million came in.
The Neymar saga is over as the transfer market ticks down and in Le Parisien, they report a meeting between PSG's president, Nasser Al-Khelaifi, and the captains of the club about the Brazilian's future.
The French publication says that the club's owners were left "humiliated" when they found out that Neymar had asked to leave the club and told sporting director, Leonardo, as much. At that moment, they say, it "put all kinds of pressure on Barcelona to make the transfer happen." He did leave the door open for a potential move, however, under specific conditions.
Neymar will not leave for anything less tha €300 million
"Yes, Neymar can go," he said in the meeting according to the publication. "But only if an enormous offer arrives: €300 million."
On the other hand, there was talk of the first meeting between Leonardo and Barcelona's directors in which they offered Philippe Coutinho plus cash but PSG did not consider the fee to be sufficient.
Given the fact that PSG knew how much Barcelona had already spent on signings during the summer, they were aware that the club would struggle to come up with a good enough offer. And they knew that Neymar would end up staying in Paris for another year.
Te recomendamos en English
- Barcelona-Real Madrid Clasico: Barcelona-Real Madrid brace for Camp Nou protests
- Ligue 1 'PSG star Neymar provokes opponents and cries when kicked'
- SERGIO RAMOS Ramos: Let's create a Ballon d'Or just for Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo
- Transfer rumours Liverpool's Sadio Mané wanted as PSG's Neymar replacement
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Vinicius puts himself back on the map
- PSG PSG: Tuchel "is finished" after Mbappé spat, says Dugarry