Trippier: "For a defender, there's no better place in the world to be"
The Atlético Madrid and England defender gave an interview to AFP and spoke about the coaching he is getting under Diego Simeone and his move to Spain.
Kieran Trippier has landed on his feet at Atlético Madrid. His arrival at the club in place of Juanfran as the starting right-back has exceeded expectations. In that role, he is now undisputable for Simeone and has played every minute of Atlético's start to the league - 3 games, 3 wins.
The English defender has given an interview to AFP and spoke about his arrival in Spain.
"He's unbelievable," he says about his new manager Diego Simeone. "The passion he has -- in games you see him celebrating tackles like goals -- it gives you such a lift.
"You can see over the years how strong Atletico have been, his teams have always looked like a family and I feel that now.
"It all comes from Cholo. I think he can take me to the next level. For a defender I don't think there's a better place in the world to be."
Trippier, who is taking lessons in Spanish three times a week says, "Learning is difficult at first but it's essential, that's a given. You want to interact with everyone, from teammates to fans to staff, everyone at the club. I feel like I'm doing that already."
Te recomendamos en English
- Mourinho quips: Will Man Utd get Man City's 2018 title after FFP breach?
- Real Madrid Real Madrid's season set to be determined by the next 30 days
- PORTUGAL Extraordinary scenes as Porto's Marega walks off pitch over racist chants
- REAL MADRID Rodrygo and Vinicius seem inextricably linked
- JUVENTUS Sarri explains reasons for Ronaldo's omission following Juventus win
- Champions League Champions League Istanbul 2020 final match-ball revealed