Trippier: "For a defender, there's no better place in the world to be"
The Atlético Madrid and England defender gave an interview to AFP and spoke about the coaching he is getting under Diego Simeone and his move to Spain.
Kieran Trippier has landed on his feet at Atlético Madrid. His arrival at the club in place of Juanfran as the starting right-back has exceeded expectations. In that role, he is now undisputable for Simeone and has played every minute of Atlético's start to the league - 3 games, 3 wins.
The English defender has given an interview to AFP and spoke about his arrival in Spain.
"He's unbelievable," he says about his new manager Diego Simeone. "The passion he has -- in games you see him celebrating tackles like goals -- it gives you such a lift.
"You can see over the years how strong Atletico have been, his teams have always looked like a family and I feel that now.
"It all comes from Cholo. I think he can take me to the next level. For a defender I don't think there's a better place in the world to be."
Trippier, who is taking lessons in Spanish three times a week says, "Learning is difficult at first but it's essential, that's a given. You want to interact with everyone, from teammates to fans to staff, everyone at the club. I feel like I'm doing that already."
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus checks: how many non-filers may be missing out on payment?
- Coronavirus When and how could a second stimulus check pass in the Senate?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: how much money is the new plan supported by Trump?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: possible dates to approve a new relief bill before the election
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: how is the IRS contacting people for missing payments?