Keylor Navas joins Paris Saint-Germain through to 2023
The Costa Rican stopper moves to the Parisian club with former PSG keeper Alphonse Areola joining Real Madrid on a loan deal.
Keylor Navas is officially a PSG player. The Costa Rican international penned his deal with the French outfit today in the French capital in a move that will keep him in the Paris through to 2023. The goalkeeper said his goodbyes to his, now former team-mates last night (Sunday Sept. 1st) as Real Madrid drew 2-2 with Villarreal. The player flew to Paris in a private jet upon the conclusion of the action at the Estadio de la Ceramica.
Following former PSG No. 1 Alphonse Areola joining Real Madrid on loan, Keylor Navas is expected to be the regular stopper for the Parisian side. Sergio Rico who moved on loan to PSG from Sevilla is expected to be the Costa Rican's understudy.
🆕📝🧤#WelcomeKeylor @PSG_English is delighted to announce the arrival of @NavasKeylor!— Paris Saint-Germain (@PSG_English) September 2, 2019
🤗 The Costa Rican goalkeeper has signed a 4⃣year contract until June 30 2023.
Navas said: "I’m really excited to sign for Paris Saint-Germain. After my experience in Spain, I’m coming to France with high hopes. PSG is a very prestigious club in Latin America and I am keen to be part of the adventure that started several years ago. I will do everything I can to help PSG win new titles, bringing all my experience and professionalism. And I will also try to win the hearts of the Parisian fans, famous throughout Europe for their passion.
No fee has been officially disclosed for the move but the deal is rumoured to be in the region of €15M for the Costa Rican's signature.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Getafe: how and where to watch LaLiga - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: Manchester City vs Liverpool preview
- Bundesliga Rummenigge: Timing has never been right for Bayern to target Klopp
- CSL Delayed Chinese Super League season to kick off on July 25
- LALIGA Atlético boss Simeone speechless after Griezmann's brief Barça cameo
- Ligue 1 Rennes won't accept €80m from Madrid for Camavinga – Maurice