LA Galaxy and Zlatan's playoff run could be in danger
The loss against the Sounders on Sunday left LA Galaxy in a tight spot only two points above the playoff line and in seventh place in the Western Conference.
Seattle Sounders and LA Galaxy faced each other in a game that meant more than just three points or a victory over the rivals. A key playoff spot was on the line given how tight the situation is in the top places of the Western Conference standings.
Seattle and Los Angeles were fourth and fifth on the table, but after the Sounders win, they sit second behind Conference leaders, LAFC; while Galaxy ended in seventh place, just two points above the playoff line.
- United States of America
LA Galaxy can't afford to slip up if they are to move into MLS postseason for a chance to fight for the title and can look forward to a series of (on paper at least) easy fixtures against Colorado Rapids, Sporting Kansas and the Whitecaps, with Vancouver and Colorado no longer in the fight for a playoff spot, Sporting could present problems for the LA side.
The Galaxy will also face Montreal Impact and Real Salt Lake this month; both games would be the tougher test for Barros Schelotto's squad with both rivals also fighting for a place in the postseason.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus live updates: data, infections, deaths USA, India, UK...7 April
- LALIGA Coronavirus: Tebas update on plans to bring LaLiga back
- Spanish football LaLiga plans for closed doors and hectic summer schedule
- Covid-19 Coronavirus peaks in USA, UK and India, when are they expected?
- Coronavirus UK Coronavirus: Boris Johnson's letter to UK households arrives
- Coronavirus Which countries have yet to confirm coronavirus cases?