Neymar to Barcelona not finished yet
The Brazilian's lawyers believe the player has the right to unilaterally return to his former club next summer.
Neymar's possible return to Barcelona kept the sporting press busy this summer, and although the move didn't end up happening, the transfer continues to dominate the newspapers in Spain. After two months of failed negotiations between PSG and Barça, the new subject matter is speculation as to how the Brazilian striker could end up moving to the Camp Nou next summer.
FIFA to decide Neymar price
Catalonia-based Mundo Deportivo leads today with a report that Neymar will be able to leave PSG for Barcelona for 170 million euros next June. The figure isn't a buy-out clause (which Neymar doesn't have with PSG), but rather the application of article 17 of FIFA's transfer regulations, which since 2001 have allowed a player to unilaterally rescind their contract with a club, with the cost of breaking the contract being determined by FIFA itself.
Neymar's lawyers have done their analysis of the likely cost and come up with a figure of 170 million euros.
In order to apply Article 17 there are a number of requirements, all of which Neymar would meet. These include the player having signed their contract three or more years previously and not having renewed or extended that contract.
PSG blamed for Neymar failure
Neymar also dominates coverage in Sport, another Catalonia-based newspaper, with a survey revealing that 74% of the people they polled blame PSG for the failure to bring Neymar back to Barcelona, although 72% think Barça president Bartomeu didn't handle the negotiations well.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Ronaldo scores in his 1,000th game
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Quique Setién: "Messi is a guarantee for any coach"
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Braithwaite after Barcelona debut: "I won't wash my clothes after hugging Messi"
- Bundesliga Paderborn confirm death of 14-month-old girl at Bayern game
- BARCELONA 5 - 0 EIBAR Real Madrid badge spotted on scoreboard at the Camp Nou
- Levante v Real Madrid Hazard off injured during Levante-Real Madrid with Clásico next week