Pep Guardiola signs up with Girona
The Manchester City boss signed up as a club member of the recently demoted Catalan side, which is owned and run by his brother Pere.
Pep Guardiola has a new club. But not as a coach. The Manchester City man paid a visit to recently demoted Catalan side Girona this morning and signed up as a member.
Guardiola dropped in on the training session at La Vinya, alongside his brother Pere who is the club's owner and managing director. After watching the training session the former Barcelona coach spoke to Girona coach Juan Carlos Unzué and the first team players.
Pep gets his Girona membership card and shirt
Having signed up, Pep received his membership card and a red and white shirt with his name and his number 4.
"I was really keen to become a member of Girona, so I called by brother for him to organise it. We follow the club's results from Manchester and watch games whenever we can and hopefully Juan Carlos Unzué and his people can have a great year. But it's a long league season and you can't think that it's all sorted out in October. The key is to get to the final games in the position to be able to fight for promotion and no doubt if everyone focuses on that they'll have a chance of doing it", said Pep Guardiola.
Girona were relegated from the Spanish first division last season, their second in the top flight, having been promoted to the primera for the first time in 2016-17.
Te recomendamos en English
- GOLF Tiger Woods congratulates history-making Matsuyama
- MANCHESTER UNITED Greenwood and Rashford need another year of Cavani at Man Utd - Neville
- QATAR 2022 Lusail will be the last World Cup stadium to be inaugurated
- REAL MADRID Zidane won't risk Hazard for Real Madrid clash with Liverpool
- BAYERN MUNICH Lewandowski back running as Muller targets Bayern victory over PSG
- QATAR International Table Tennis Federation awards Aspetar