"Fekir is at the same level or better than Lo Celso"
The Real Betis Balompie vice-president López Catalán stated that the current 2019-20 season squad is "balanced and well compensated".
Real Betis vice-president José Miguel López Catalán spoke to the media with the closure of the transfer window to offer an overview of the current squad adding that the club had invested 110 million euro in signings in the current calendar year with a place in European competition the minimum objective for the Andalusian side.
Catalán was under no illusion that the Fekir was one of the gala signings in the recent market: "Last year Betis were renowned for a solid midfield, we've retained the bulk of these players with Fekir taking Lo Celso's place and I'd say the French player is at the same level or even better than the Argentine who can offer plenty in attack".
The club official added that head coach Rubi is happy with the squad and convinced that positive results for the Verdiblancos are imminent.
Te recomendamos en English
- No group stages, EFL Cup or Nations League? Suggestions for a post-coronavirus football 'reform'
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total USA cases and deaths, real-time map, 29 March
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Di María discusses the impact on his life and family
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus live updates: data, infections, deaths USA, India, UK...
- CORONAVIRUS | TRANSFERS Coronavirus: Lavish spending and huge wages to be a thing of the past
- Coronavirus Social unrest spreads in Italy as coronavirus lockdown nears fourth week