Lenglet on Neymar-Barça rumours: "Finally it's over"
The Barcelona defender discussed the Brazilian and said an end to speculation linking him with a Camp Nou return was good for the club.
Clément Lenglet said he is glad the Neymar speculation is "finally over" so Barcelona can focus on defending their LaLgia title and challenging for the Champions League.
Neymar was heavily linked with a return to Barça but the Paris Saint-Germain superstar was unable to engineer a move back to Camp Nou prior to Monday's transfer deadline.
Speculation over Neymar – who joined PSG in a world-record €222million deal in 2017 – dominated headlines as Barça only won one of their opening three LaLiga matches before the international break.
Barcelona and France defender Lenglet said the Spanish giants can now focus solely on football.
"Neymar? There were many rumours," Lenglet told Canal+. "It was a very hectic period for the club. Finally it's over. This way we can work a little easier."
Barca – playing in the absence of injured captain Lionel Messi – have only collected four points from three games to start the season.
Neymar has scored 34 goals in 37 Ligue 1 appearances despite both his seasons at PSG being interrupted by serious foot injuries.
In total, Neymar – who is yet to play this season – has managed 51 goals in 58 games for Thomas Tuchel's PSG.
Te recomendamos en English
- RUSSIA Russia banned from Olympics and World Cup 2022 over doping scandal
- El CLÁSICO | BARCELONA - REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane's headache - how to stop Messi in El Clásico... 3 possible solutions
- BARCELONA Messi impossible to replace - Barcelona president
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Casemiro must avoid getting booked against Valencia
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Barcelona, Inter set to discuss Rakitic, Vidal and Lautaro Martínez in Milan
- Barcelona 'cannot afford' to lose Vidal in January, says Blaugrana president Bartomeu