Atletico to join Eriksen race in January window
We round up the front and back pages across Europe, as Thursday sees the transfer rumour mill crank into gear once again.
The transfer window may be closed but the rumours do not stop!
Christian Eriksen was unable to secure a move away from Tottenham prior to Monday's deadline.
Since then, the likes of Atletico Madrid, Manchester United and Inter have been linked to the Spurs star.
TOP STORY – ATLETICO PREPARING JANUARY MOVE FOR ERIKSEN
Atletico Madrid are set to return for Tottenham's Christian Eriksen in January, according to AS.
Eriksen was linked to the likes of Atletico, Real Madrid, Juventus and Manchester United but a move did not materialise.
Juventus, Real Madrid, Inter y PSG también están interesados— AS (@diarioas) September 5, 2019
El Atlético lo mantiene entre sus prioridades de futurohttps://t.co/CPDwXLOj4X
Now, Atletico, Inter and Paris Saint-Germain are reportedly monitoring the situation as Eriksen prepares to become a free agent at the end of the season.
- According to the Mirror, Juventus striker Mario Mandzukic is set to be offered a chance to move to the Premier League. The Croatian veteran was linked to Manchester United but a move failed to transpire prior to the transfer window closing.
- LaLiga pair Real Sociedad and Athletic Bilbao are keeping tabs on Chelsea and Spain full-back Cesar Azpilicueta, reports the Mirror. It comes amid concerns the Spaniard could lose his spot in the Chelsea XI to Reece James.
- Brazilian side Flamengo are interested in signing free agent Claudio Marchisio, says Gazzetta dello Sport. Former Juventus star Marchisio is without a club since leaving Zenit. Flamengo were also close to luring Mario Balotelli before he opted for Brescia.
- The Daily Mail claims Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola wants to sign a new defender in January. The report comes after Aymeric Laporte's knee injury left City with just two fit centre-backs – John Stones and Nicolas Otamendi.
- David Beckham's Inter Miami are set to sign River Plate midfielder Exequiel Palacios, according to TNT Sports. The expansion franchise – who are backed by the former Manchester United star and will enter MLS in 2020 – have also been linked to Paris Saint-Germain's Edinson Cavani and Barcelona forward Luis Suarez.
Te recomendamos en English
- Liga MX Pumas “We compete in this league without investing in expensive players”
- MLS David Beckham and Rodolfo Pizarro out for dinner ahead of Inter Miami’s debut
- Tennis Who is Chicharito? The question Alexander Zverev asked in Mexico
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Sterling fit for Man City-Real Madrid as Guardiola regrets Hazard loss
- CRISTIANO RONALDO Ronaldo, Georgina enjoy day with family as Cristiano Jr debuts on Instagram
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Chelsea vs Bayern Munich live!