Kubo shines in Japan friendly win
The Japanese player currently on loan from Real Madrid at Mallorca played for the second half in the Kashima friendly game.
Japan defeated Paraguay 2-0 in the friendly game staged in Kashima as both sides prepare for their World Cup 2022 qualifiers.
The game was part of a mini-Asian tour the South American side are undertaking with Jordan the next rival for Eduardo Berizzo's men.
Japan fielded a strong side with many European based players making the journey home to bolster the 'Samurai Blue' side for the friendly clash with both Japanese goals coming in the first half with Osako and Minamino finding the target for the Asian side.
Japan sat back somewhat after the break as the tempo and rhythm of the action became more fractured given the volume of changes employed by both sides in the second period. Takefusa Kubo was one of Japan's second half introductions with the teenager recently making his LaLiga debut in the red and black of RCD Mallorca following his loan deal to the island based outfit. The player was involved in the best of Japan's offensive play in the second half and enjoyed a couple of half chances but failed to add to Japan's overall tally.
Japan kick-off their Road to Qatar 2022 qualifying stage next week as they face Myanmar away on September 10th.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Denver Broncos at NFL Draft 2021: Which players could they pick?
- UFC Dana White wants UFC to return to Mexico
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN IRS $3,000 child tax credit: when will the monthly payments begin?
- EARTH DAY 2021 What is the Earth Day and why it's celebrated today?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Will the IRS send supplemental payments to 2020 tax filers?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: what entities are pressuring Biden to make a new payment?