Szczesny "benched Alisson, so I must be the best in the world"
Juventus keeper Wojciech Szczesny had a joke about his place in history, given that he shares Poland duty with Lukasz Fabianski.
Juventus keeper Wojciech Szczesny has pronounced himself the best keeper in the world while away on international duty with Poland, albeit with a healthy amount of tongue in cheek.
“When I was at Roma I kept Alisson, the best in the world on the bench. Now, at Juventus, my back-up is Buffon, one of the best keepers in history. So the only logical conclusion I can draw is that I’m probably the best keeper in the history of the game,” Szczesny told reporters.
Szczesny a starter since 2011
The Warsaw-born stopper has been a starter at every club since he took over the number one shirt at Arsenal in 2011, when Jens Lehmann left. He was between the sticks at Roma ahead of Alisson in the 2016-17 season and then joined Juve to replace the departing Buffon, retaining his place after the return of the Italy legend to Turin last summer after a season at PSG.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- METEOR SHOWER Perseid Meteor Shower: watch and follow live online
- Coronavirus India posts record single-day recoveries since the pandemic started
- US ELECTION Did Kamala Harris call Joe Biden racist as Trump campaign claims?
- BARCELONA Griezmann confident Barcelona will reach Champions League final
- PSG Neymar and Mbappé will stay at PSG, Al-Khelaifi confirms