Neymar's fine display delays Vinicius' Brazil debut
As the returning Neymar impressed in a 2-2 draw against Colombia, the Real Madrid youngster, expected to make his first appearance, didn't get a look-in.
Vinicius Junior will have to wait a little longer to make his first international appearance after Brazil drew 2-2 with Colombia on Friday.
Neymar's impressive performance
Vinicius' debut was delayed by a fine display from Brazil's showman Neymar, returning from a lengthy spell on the sidelines. "The plan wasn't for Neymar to play 90 minutes", said Brazil coach Tite. "He's just come back from three months out and I must admit I was going to take him off three times in the second half but he was getting better, technically and physically, as the match went on. The game was being played at such a high level and the whole rhythm of the team was so good that I didn't want to make any more changes," he added after the game, before explaining that the substitute he had in mind was Vinicius Junior.
"Vinicus was getting ready to come on. The idea was for him to come on but circumstances change. He'll get his chance," Tite said. Up next for Brazil is Tuesday's game against Peru in Los Angeles.
Te recomendamos en English
- SPAIN Spanish FA offers Luis Enrique chance to return for Euro 2020
- FOOTBALL Photo of Ajax youth player, David Easmon, goes viral
- Premier League Man United: world class players and youth as net debt soars
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: James to miss six weeks with knee injury
- PSG Neymar rejects PSG offer, holding out for Barcelona return
- EURO 2020 Low lists teams ahead of Germany at Euro 2020