Neymar's fine display delays Vinicius' Brazil debut
As the returning Neymar impressed in a 2-2 draw against Colombia, the Real Madrid youngster, expected to make his first appearance, didn't get a look-in.
Vinicius Junior will have to wait a little longer to make his first international appearance after Brazil drew 2-2 with Colombia on Friday.
Neymar's impressive performance
Vinicius' debut was delayed by a fine display from Brazil's showman Neymar, returning from a lengthy spell on the sidelines. "The plan wasn't for Neymar to play 90 minutes", said Brazil coach Tite. "He's just come back from three months out and I must admit I was going to take him off three times in the second half but he was getting better, technically and physically, as the match went on. The game was being played at such a high level and the whole rhythm of the team was so good that I didn't want to make any more changes," he added after the game, before explaining that the substitute he had in mind was Vinicius Junior.
"Vinicus was getting ready to come on. The idea was for him to come on but circumstances change. He'll get his chance," Tite said. Up next for Brazil is Tuesday's game against Peru in Los Angeles.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Barcelona - Napoli live online: Champions League 2019-20
- Transfer market PSG focused on Mbappe, Neymar renewals over Cristiano Ronaldo
- Juventus sack Sarri: Pochettino, Zidane and the contenders to take over at the Bianconeri
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: will Trump executive orders include second payment?
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: how will negotiations continue?
- BEIRUT EXPLOSION Beirut explosion: latest news live from Lebanon