Luis Suárez eyes LaLiga return against Valencia
The Uruguayan striker enters the final straight of his recovery from injury and hopes to return when LaLiga resumes after the international break.
Luis Suárez continues on the road to recovery and is poised to return when LaLiga resumes after the international break. Suárez sustained a calf injury on 16 August in Barcelona's 1-0 defeat to Athletic Club in San Mamés.
Suárez and Messi
According to Barcelona's club doctors, the Uruguayan's recovery is on the right track and he is due to re-join his team-mates in training on Wednesday next week at the latest. Therefore, Suárez should be available to face Valencia on Saturday 14 September at the Camp Nou.
Barcelona could also receive good news on the progress of Leo Messi, also sidelined with a calf injury, picked up on 5 August prior to the start of the campaign. Messi was due to return against Betis on 25 August, but it was deemed too much of a risk by the medical staff. Valencia now seems a realistic target for La Pulga, with a view to regaining match fitness when the Champions League rolls around again and Barça face Borussia Dortmund on 17 September.
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus stimulus checks What have Republicans said about a second stimulus check?
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits: can you still get them if you are fired?
- US election 2020 Election US 2020: who are the top economic officials named by Biden?
- LIGA MX Miguel Herrera to continue as the head coach of Club América
- BOXING Tyson admits to smoking a joint ahead of Roy Jones fight
- Football Aspetar to host sports medicine forum until Qatar 2022