Luis Suárez eyes LaLiga return against Valencia
The Uruguayan striker enters the final straight of his recovery from injury and hopes to return when LaLiga resumes after the international break.
Luis Suárez continues on the road to recovery and is poised to return when LaLiga resumes after the international break. Suárez sustained a calf injury on 16 August in Barcelona's 1-0 defeat to Athletic Club in San Mamés.
Suárez and Messi
According to Barcelona's club doctors, the Uruguayan's recovery is on the right track and he is due to re-join his team-mates in training on Wednesday next week at the latest. Therefore, Suárez should be available to face Valencia on Saturday 14 September at the Camp Nou.
Barcelona could also receive good news on the progress of Leo Messi, also sidelined with a calf injury, picked up on 5 August prior to the start of the campaign. Messi was due to return against Betis on 25 August, but it was deemed too much of a risk by the medical staff. Valencia now seems a realistic target for La Pulga, with a view to regaining match fitness when the Champions League rolls around again and Barça face Borussia Dortmund on 17 September.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Bayern Munich: Alaba suffers thigh tear and will miss Red Star
- Serie A Inter Milan: Conte bemoans profligacy after 1-0 win
- BARCELONA Paco Alcácer: "I was treated very badly by some people at Barcelona"
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid have the budget to sign a galáctico next summer
- RELAÑO Benzema, James, Hazard... and VAR
- Real Madrid Real Madrid: Zidane brushes off Bale's "scapegoat" claim