Jesé must clean up his image at Sporting CP, says Simao
Former Portugal international Simao compared Jesé Rodriguez to Adel Taarabt, saying the forward must clean up his image at Sporting CP.
Jesé Rodríguez must clean up his image in order to become a success at Sporting CP, according to the club's former winger Simao.
Jesé leaves PSG on loan
After a disappointing three-year spell at Paris Saint-Germain, Jesé joined Sporting on loan in a deadline-day deal with a purchase option included for the Portuguese club.
Simao, who began his career at Sporting and went on to become one of his country's finest players, compared Jesé to Benfica's Moroccan attacking midfielder Adel Taarabt, who arrived in Portugal with his reputation at a low ebb in 2015.
"Jese must change," Simao said.
Primer día pic.twitter.com/J9ac2J2TY8— JeseRodriguez10 (@JeseRodriguez10) September 4, 2019
"Taarabt, for example, had a second chance. He has to want to change. He will have another chance and he must clean up his image."
Jesé troubled time in Paris
Jese was considered to be one of European football's bright prospects when he joined PSG from Real Madrid for €25million in August 2016 but he struggled to settle at Parc des Princes.
He made just two of his 14 appearances in all competitions as a member of the starting line-up and was sent out on loan to Las Palmas, Stoke City, Real Betis, and finally to Sporting where he will hope to earn a permanent transfer.
Simao called upon the 26-year-old to reinvent himself in the Primeira Liga, where he hopes to help Marcel Keizer's side improve on last season's third-placed finish.
Simao said: "In these situations, the most important thing is to play and make a life outside the grounds of game that allows you to be at a good level and play again at the level you were at in the past."
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 at Black Friday: restock times and deals at Walmart, GameStop, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Stimulus check: what to do if the deadline has passed?
- THANKSGIVING Bank opening hours on Thanksgiving 2020: Bank of America, Citi, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs
- US NEWS How to cook turkey - recipes for Thanksgiving: time, temperature in oven, seasoning...
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: why are economists calling for a new payment?
- Thanksgiving Stores opening hours in Thanksgiving 2020: Walmart, Target, Costco...
- BARCELONA Two USMNT players make history with Barcelona in Champions League
- BARCELONA Jordi Alba predicts USMNT's Dest to become Barcelona star
- BARCELONA Koeman says nothing behind 'happy' Griezmann not starting in against Kiev
- Champions League Real Madrid's San Siro woe, Lewandowski targets Raul
- FIFA Best Awards Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Mbappé among FIFA 2020 Best candidates
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Inter Milan vs Real Madrid: preview, team news, predicted XIs
- US NEWS Black Friday 2020: when does it start and finish?