Cristiano Ronaldo still the fastest player at Juventus at 34
The Portugal striker, who should line up against Serbia on Saturday evening, is still the fastest player at Juventus, reveals La Gazzetta dello Sport
Cristiano Ronaldo seems to have no limits - nothing seems to be able to stop him, not even age. At 34 the Portugal striker is still the fastest Juventus player, as he proved in the opening two games of the season in Serie A, in the victories over Parma and Napoli.
Cristiano Ronaldo hits top speed
In these two games, Ronaldo hit 34 km/h, running 92 metres in less than 12 seconds in the move that led to Danilo's goal. That's a velocity that puts far younger players to shame, such as Alex Sandro (28) y Danilo (28) and Douglas Costa (28). For reference, Usain Bolt's average speed in his world record breaking 100m in 2009 was 37.58 km/hr.
What's more Ronaldo is one of only seven other players over 30 in the squad: Buffon (41), Chiellini (35), Mandzukic (33), Bonucci, Khedira and Matuidi (32) and Higuain (31).
Serie A has been impressed by the effort and ability of Ronaldo to keep himself in perfect shape at 34, with his drive being put down in part to one of his main objectives: to win The Best 2019, in which he's a finalist alongside his eternal rival Leo Messi (who is now 32). The Barcelona player meanwhile is yet to play this season having injured his calf in pre-season training.
Ronaldo has talked of retiring, but everything indicates he wants to keep going for as long as possible, alongside other long-lived sporting veterans including Tom Brady (42), Roger Federer (38), LeBron James (34), Rafa Nadal (33), Djokovic (32), Serena Williams (37), Buffon (41).
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus stimulus checks What have Republicans said about a second stimulus check?
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits: can you still get them if you are fired?
- US election 2020 Election US 2020: who are the top economic officials named by Biden?
- LIGA MX Miguel Herrera to continue as the head coach of Club América
- BOXING Tyson admits to smoking a joint ahead of Roy Jones fight
- Football Aspetar to host sports medicine forum until Qatar 2022