Griezmann vows to improve spot-kicks after France penalty miss
After missing a penalty against Albania, the Barcelona and France forward joked his wife's absence was the reason he did not score.
Antoine Griezmann promised to work on his penalties having joked his wife's absence may have resulted in his spot-kick miss against Albania.
France's Euro 2020 qualifier victory
France won their Euro 2020 qualifier 4-1 as Kingsley Coman grabbed a brace alongside goals from Olivier Giroud and Jonathan Ikone.
However, Griezmann was unable to add to the tally when presented with a first-half chance from the spot, his effort crashing off the crossbar and coming back into play.
Asked about his penalty miss, Griezmann said: "I don't know. I don't know.
"As I said earlier, maybe it's because my wife didn't watch the game.
"I was on a good dynamic but we can't score every time. Too bad, I'll have to work on it."
The clash in Paris was delayed as the wrong anthem was played when Albania lined up ahead of kick-off.
Albania's players were confused over the airing of the national song of Group H rivals Andorra, with the correct anthem eventually played following a meeting between the referee and UEFA officials.
However, there was further embarrassment when the stadium announcer then accidentally issued an apology to Armenia.
"We were very surprised. We were a little shocked," Griezmann added.
"It's a big mistake that must not be repeated.
"We waited, and they got their anthem, but it would have hurt us too."
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG - REAL MADRID Official: PSG's Cavani and Mbappé to miss Real Madrid game
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Liverpool are the team to beat in Europe, says Napoli coach Ancelotti
- BAYERN MUNICH Coutinho: "Bayern is more of a close-knit family than my previous clubs"
- FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP Liverpool could face Mexico's Monterrey in Club World Cup semi-final
- REAL MADRID Ødegaard: "I felt it wouldn't be good for me to go back to Real Madrid"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Messi challenge is what Dortmund want – Reus