More problems for Real Madrid: Jovic injured against Portugal
The striker is out for the Euro 2020 qualifying game against Luxembourg on Tuesday with an unspecified physical problem.
Real Madrid's injury problems continue to get worse. Zidane has had to cope with 10 separate injuries to his squad since the start of the pre-season, and now Serbia have released a statement informing that Luka Jovic is suffering from an unspecified physical issue.
Jovic out of Luxembourg game
"In the game against Portugal he suffered a relapse from an injury he was suffering from when he joined up with the national squad, and having been examined by the medics, it has been determined that he won't be able to play this Tuesday against Luxembourg", said the statement.
What's curious is that Jovic's injury flared up in the defeat to Portugal despite him only coming on in the 87th minute, taking Milivojevic's place. But the brief period he was on the pitch was enough, according to the Serbian Federation, for the striker to suffer the problem. The Serbian coach, Ljubisa Tumbakovic, already knows Jovic won't be playing against Luxembourg, but even so as of now the player has not been released to return to Real Madrid.
Yet another worry for Zidane, who is experimenting with a forward line including two number nines, both Jovic and Benzema, who started in the 2-2 draw against Villarreal. Though they didn't link up well. Jovic did though provide a stunning back-heel to set up Bale for the first goal, the kind of technical touch Zidane wants in his arsenal for the rest of the season.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA Stimulus check: CARES, HEALS and HEROES Acts compared
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: when will the money arrive?
- Beirut explosion Beirut explosion: latest news live from Lebanon
- Beirut Explosion Seven-year-old ammonium nitrate shipment possibly caused Beirut explosion
- PREMIER LEAGUE Arsenal make 55 redundancies as huge player investment targeted
- FC Barcelona "Messi says he wants to finish career at Barcelona" - Bartomeu