Samuel Umtiti leaves the France squad
The Barcelona defender has been struggling with injury and has left the French squad to return home.
Samuel Umtiti missed out on the France - Albania game yesterday, due to an injury he picked up at the last minute in his right foot, as confirmed by the French team doctor. The Barcelona defender, who was called up after Aymeric Laporte was injured, was also unable to train with the France squad today, Sunday, and has left the French camp to return home.
Barcelona's next match is against Valencia at home on 14 September. Luis Suárez is set to return for that match.
France meet Andorra next
France play Andorra on Tuesday in a key Euro 2020 qualifying match and coach Deschamps wants all his players at 100% fitness.
Lucas Hernández, who came off in the 80th minute against Albania with a thigh niggle, will be fit and trained this morning.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Bayern Munich's Ryan Johansson joins Sevilla
- MANCHESTER UNITED Tahith Chong's agent suggests Manchester United exit
- IBIZA 1-2 BARCELONA Barcelona player ratings as Griezmann avoids Ibiza shock
- PREMIER LEAGUE Raiola discusses the "elephant in the room" with Pogba and United
- COPA DEL REY Unionistas 1-2 Real Madrid live online: Copa del Rey 2019/20
- Transfers Hazard, Griezmann and João Félix head up record 2019 transfer spend