False alarm as Luka Jovic is not injured and will continue with Serbia
The Serbian was reportedly injured playing with Serbia as Real Madrid's injury crisis worsened but the striker is not injured and will continue with his national side.
Luka Jovic is not injured and will continue with Serbia according to El Chiringuito. The Serbian suffered an undisclosed injury during Serbia's game against Portugal during his brief spell on the field but was not released to return to Real Madrid as mystery shrouded the setback.
Jovic is slowly earning the trust of Zinedine Zidane and he started against Villarreal after a slow start to life at the club. He came on during Serbia's 4-2 loss to Portugal and aggravated a previous injury according to Serbia's national team.
"In the game against Portugal he suffered a relapse from an injury he was suffering from when he joined up with the national squad, and having been examined by the medics, it has been determined that he won't be able to play this Tuesday against Luxembourg", a statement released by the Serbian football federation read.
He should be able to play against Luxembourg on Tuesday, however, having remained with the team and being cleared to play according to El Chiringuito's report.
The news will come as a relief to Zinedine Zidane who is already battling against a crisis which has Marco Asensio, Isco, James, Hazard and Brahim in the recovery ward. The mystery surrounding the injury is strange, however, with the specifics not being explained and the turnaround in the situation.
Te recomendamos en English
- Opta stats Diabolical defending: Europe's top five leagues in 2019-20
- International UEFA suspends Champions League 'until further notice'
- LIVERPOOL Birthday Boy Brewster could be the answer for Klopp
- Nubel will learn behind Neuer at Bayern Munich, says Kahn
- Real Madrid Real Madrid's Dani Ceballos needs 'importance' at Arsenal
- REAL MADRID | SAGNA Sagna: "I see Pogba closer to Juventus than Real Madrid because of Cristiano"