False alarm as Luka Jovic is not injured and will continue with Serbia
The Serbian was reportedly injured playing with Serbia as Real Madrid's injury crisis worsened but the striker is not injured and will continue with his national side.
Luka Jovic is not injured and will continue with Serbia according to El Chiringuito. The Serbian suffered an undisclosed injury during Serbia's game against Portugal during his brief spell on the field but was not released to return to Real Madrid as mystery shrouded the setback.
Jovic is slowly earning the trust of Zinedine Zidane and he started against Villarreal after a slow start to life at the club. He came on during Serbia's 4-2 loss to Portugal and aggravated a previous injury according to Serbia's national team.
"In the game against Portugal he suffered a relapse from an injury he was suffering from when he joined up with the national squad, and having been examined by the medics, it has been determined that he won't be able to play this Tuesday against Luxembourg", a statement released by the Serbian football federation read.
He should be able to play against Luxembourg on Tuesday, however, having remained with the team and being cleared to play according to El Chiringuito's report.
The news will come as a relief to Zinedine Zidane who is already battling against a crisis which has Marco Asensio, Isco, James, Hazard and Brahim in the recovery ward. The mystery surrounding the injury is strange, however, with the specifics not being explained and the turnaround in the situation.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG - REAL MADRID Official: PSG's Cavani and Mbappé to miss Real Madrid game
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Liverpool are the team to beat in Europe, says Napoli coach Ancelotti
- BAYERN MUNICH Coutinho: "Bayern is more of a close-knit family than my previous clubs"
- FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP Liverpool could face Mexico's Monterrey in Club World Cup semi-final
- REAL MADRID Ødegaard: "I felt it wouldn't be good for me to go back to Real Madrid"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Messi challenge is what Dortmund want – Reus