Dalot gets the China treatment on annoying hip injury
Diogo Dalot's bid to recover from a hip issue has taken him all the way to China, and the Manchester United defender is set to return.
Manchester United defender Diogo Dalot has finished a 10-day injury treatment programme at Chinese Super League club Shanghai SIPG.
The Portuguese full-back arrived in Shanghai on August 29 to undergo rehabilitation on a hip problem with physiotherapist Eduardo Santos, SIPG confirmed.
Santos gained prominence in 2015 for his work with David Luiz, then of Paris Saint-Germain, and now heads up SIPG's medical department.
Dalot has not featured in a competitive match for United this season but a statement on the CSL side's website described his rehabilitation as being "successfully" completed.
"Although it is a long journey, it is worthwhile for me," Dalot was quoted as saying.
United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer last month suggested the 20-year-old would be ready to return after the international break, potentially putting him in the frame for Saturday's Premier League match against Leicester City.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG - REAL MADRID Official: PSG's Cavani and Mbappé to miss Real Madrid game
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Liverpool are the team to beat in Europe, says Napoli coach Ancelotti
- BAYERN MUNICH Coutinho: "Bayern is more of a close-knit family than my previous clubs"
- FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP Liverpool could face Mexico's Monterrey in Club World Cup semi-final
- REAL MADRID Ødegaard: "I felt it wouldn't be good for me to go back to Real Madrid"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Messi challenge is what Dortmund want – Reus