Dalot gets the China treatment on annoying hip injury
Diogo Dalot's bid to recover from a hip issue has taken him all the way to China, and the Manchester United defender is set to return.
Manchester United defender Diogo Dalot has finished a 10-day injury treatment programme at Chinese Super League club Shanghai SIPG.
The Portuguese full-back arrived in Shanghai on August 29 to undergo rehabilitation on a hip problem with physiotherapist Eduardo Santos, SIPG confirmed.
Santos gained prominence in 2015 for his work with David Luiz, then of Paris Saint-Germain, and now heads up SIPG's medical department.
Dalot has not featured in a competitive match for United this season but a statement on the CSL side's website described his rehabilitation as being "successfully" completed.
"Although it is a long journey, it is worthwhile for me," Dalot was quoted as saying.
United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer last month suggested the 20-year-old would be ready to return after the international break, potentially putting him in the frame for Saturday's Premier League match against Leicester City.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Italy to decide tomorrow if and when Serie A will return
- Coronavirus: Messi says resuming season will be 'like starting from scratch'
- Coronavirus | USA What are the CDC guidelines to schools reopening in the US?
- Coronavirus | USA Stimulus checks: which states received more payments?
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Coutinho could enter Lautaro Martínez operation
- PREMIER LEAGUE Tottenham trio Kane, Son and Bergwijn all back to full fitness