Dalot gets the China treatment on annoying hip injury
Diogo Dalot's bid to recover from a hip issue has taken him all the way to China, and the Manchester United defender is set to return.
Manchester United defender Diogo Dalot has finished a 10-day injury treatment programme at Chinese Super League club Shanghai SIPG.
The Portuguese full-back arrived in Shanghai on August 29 to undergo rehabilitation on a hip problem with physiotherapist Eduardo Santos, SIPG confirmed.
Santos gained prominence in 2015 for his work with David Luiz, then of Paris Saint-Germain, and now heads up SIPG's medical department.
Dalot has not featured in a competitive match for United this season but a statement on the CSL side's website described his rehabilitation as being "successfully" completed.
"Although it is a long journey, it is worthwhile for me," Dalot was quoted as saying.
United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer last month suggested the 20-year-old would be ready to return after the international break, potentially putting him in the frame for Saturday's Premier League match against Leicester City.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Mbappé chases Messi record as Pirlo prepares for Juve debut
- Champions League Guardiola: Man City's Champions League failures not a mental issue
- Sergio Ramos not included in Madrid squad for Shakhtar clash
- INTERNACIONAL Eto'o accuses ‘France Football’ of a lack of respect for getting his position wrong
- REAL MADRID Zidane: "We deserve the criticism"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ramos ruled out of Real Madrid's Champions League opener