Messi's Cirque du Soleil show set for Barcelona premiere
The "Messi 10" production will open in the Catalan capital on October 10 and is expected to run for a month at the Parc del Forum.
Football fans come from all over the world to watch Barcelona striker Lionel Messi play at Camp Nou, and visitors to the city will soon be able to see a circus show about the five-times world footballer of the year.
Cirque du Soleil's show Messi10 will premiere at the Parc del Forum on October 10 and run through to November 10. The show, billed as a "euphoric 90-minute thrill ride that combines breathtaking physical performance with unthinkable poetic wonder".
The Barcelona and Argentina forward's rise from Rosario, in his home country, to the pinnacle of world football will be depicted in the first Cirque du Soleil show to debut in Spain.
Media were on Monday given access to the set, which is under construction and will accommodate 3,000 spectators at the show each night.
Messi10 by Cirque du Soleil acrobatically uncovers the athleticism, devotion and brilliance that bridges the world of football and circus by celebrating the magic behind the greatest footballer of our time.
This immersive experience tells the story of a young man with boundless ambition to overcome all obstacles in becoming the greatest number 10 in the world.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Ghana's president goes into a two-weeks self-isolation
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Real Madrid to play UCL return game in Manchester
- BUNDESLIGA Pep Guardiola 'interfered' and 'knew better' than club doctor
- ALFREDO RELASÑO Zidane, LaLiga, Sergio Ramos and VAR
- QSL Barcelona to wait as Xavi renews as Al-Sadd coach for 20-21 season
- Coronavirus Can coronavirus be spread through the air?