Greek top flight side Aris Thessaloniki sound out Guti
The Greek Super League side have contacted the former Madrid player following Europa League elimination and a poor domestic start.
After the conclusion of his second spell with Besiktas last May, the former Real Madrid player may be making a return to the region with this time the call for his coaching services coming from Greece from Thessaloniki based Aris FC with club president Theodoros Karipidis unhappy with current coach Savvas Pantelidis.
Aris have endured a difficult start to the new season and a Europa League elimination at the hands of Norwegian side Molde coupled with a disappointing start in the Greek top flight with just a draw a defeat in the opening matches have seen pressure increase on Pantelidis.
Former Greek international Angelos Charisteas is the current sporting director of the top flight side and is set to meet with Guit next week to sound out the possibility of the Torrejon born coach taking over at the Kleanthis Vikelidis Stadium.
Last May, Guti called time on his role as second coach with Istanbul based Besiktas and is currently unattached. He enjoyed recent success with Real Madrid as the coach of the Juvenil A side winning both the Copa de Campeones and Copa del Rey with the under-19 side in 2018.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Extra 600 dollars unemployment benefits: when will it be delivered?
- Cocid-19 Worldwide coronavirus cases pass 1.5 million mark
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: are PSG pushing Kylian Mbappé away?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total USA cases and deaths, real-time map 9 April
- Sweden Zlatan trains with Hammarby as he considers future plans
- Coronavirus US unemployment figures: latest jobless claims by state