Barcelona set their sights on Napoli's Fabián Ruiz
Barcelona's technical secretary has turned his attention back to the Spanish midfielder who has blossomed at Napoli, according to Mundo Deportivo.
Fabián Ruiz is one of the players of the moment and a key figure in the new-look Spanish national team. After coming through the ranks at Betis, the 23-year-old has really come into his own at Napoli where he is a fans' favourite at San Paolo. Barça have turned their attentions back to the midfielder and have listed him as an objective for next season, according to reports in today's Mundo Deportivo.
Barcelona's previous attempts at signing Fabián
The problem is that Fabián is priced at 60 million euros and Barça could have signed him three times in the past but on each occasion decided against it. The first time Barcelona showed an interest in the player, he was valued at 6 million euros - ten times less than his current value.
That was back in 2017 when Fabián was on loan at Elche - Barça opted not to go through with the operation. The following season when the player has returned to parent club Betis, his price had gone up to 15 million. Coach Quique Setién declared that Fabián was not for sale and raised his buy-out to 30 million when the player renewed terms with the Verdiblancos. Barcelona weren't sure but Napoli were and sneaked in to sign the player in July last year. Now Fabián has demonstrated the talent he is, Barça have him as a transfer target again although this time, they will be forced to spend big money on him.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG - REAL MADRID Official: PSG's Cavani and Mbappé to miss Real Madrid game
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Liverpool are the team to beat in Europe, says Napoli coach Ancelotti
- BAYERN MUNICH Coutinho: "Bayern is more of a close-knit family than my previous clubs"
- FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP Liverpool could face Mexico's Monterrey in Club World Cup semi-final
- REAL MADRID Ødegaard: "I felt it wouldn't be good for me to go back to Real Madrid"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Messi challenge is what Dortmund want – Reus