Barcelona set their sights on Napoli's Fabián Ruiz
Barcelona's technical secretary has turned his attention back to the Spanish midfielder who has blossomed at Napoli, according to Mundo Deportivo.
Fabián Ruiz is one of the players of the moment and a key figure in the new-look Spanish national team. After coming through the ranks at Betis, the 23-year-old has really come into his own at Napoli where he is a fans' favourite at San Paolo. Barça have turned their attentions back to the midfielder and have listed him as an objective for next season, according to reports in today's Mundo Deportivo.
Barcelona's previous attempts at signing Fabián
The problem is that Fabián is priced at 60 million euros and Barça could have signed him three times in the past but on each occasion decided against it. The first time Barcelona showed an interest in the player, he was valued at 6 million euros - ten times less than his current value.
That was back in 2017 when Fabián was on loan at Elche - Barça opted not to go through with the operation. The following season when the player has returned to parent club Betis, his price had gone up to 15 million. Coach Quique Setién declared that Fabián was not for sale and raised his buy-out to 30 million when the player renewed terms with the Verdiblancos. Barcelona weren't sure but Napoli were and sneaked in to sign the player in July last year. Now Fabián has demonstrated the talent he is, Barça have him as a transfer target again although this time, they will be forced to spend big money on him.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Bayern Munich: Alaba suffers thigh tear and will miss Red Star
- Serie A Inter Milan: Conte bemoans profligacy after 1-0 win
- BARCELONA Paco Alcácer: "I was treated very badly by some people at Barcelona"
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid have the budget to sign a galáctico next summer
- RELAÑO Benzema, James, Hazard... and VAR
- Real Madrid Real Madrid: Zidane brushes off Bale's "scapegoat" claim