LaLiga seals broadcast deal with Premier Sports for UK/Eire
A three-year agreement will see LaLiga to become first football league in the world to have dedicated channel showing all live matches in the UK and Ireland.
Finally, there is some good news for UK and Ireland based Spanish football fans with the news that Premier Sports and LaLiga have come to an agreement which will see LaLiga Santander matches broadcast in the UK and Ireland via multiple platforms.
LaLiga will become the first football league to have a 24 hour dedicated channel in the UK and Ireland which will also carry live games via all major TV platforms.
LaLigaTV will be made available by Premier Sports as part of its channel bundle on Sky TV (in January 2020) and initially via the Premier Player OTT streaming service with and added LaLiga TV option also available as an additional offer.
Free to air partner station, FreeSports will also broadcast selected matches live as well offering a LaLiga weekly highlights show.
LaLiga president Javier Tebas commented on the agreement stating: “LaLiga is enjoyed across the globe, with an especially passionate fanbase in the UK and Ireland. Through our long-term partnership with Premier Sports, we’re happy to give fans of Spanish football a chance to enjoy LaLiga’s world-class content in a variety of formats, including via OTT and Premier Sports’ linear TV offering, as well as our own dedicated English-language channel, LaLigaTV.”
The first Premier Sports live game will be Friday's Mallorca-Athletic clash with the game from the Balearic island being shown on Premier Sports 1 and FreeSports.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Catalan sports press elated at Madrid UCL defeat to Man City
- MLS Roger Martinez looking to pocket more than Carlos Vela
- Real Madrid Vinicius: "Referees are out to get us when they come here"
- MLS Five facts about Inter Miami ahead of their debut in MLS
- MLS Beckham wants Inter Miami to have the same success as LAFC and Atlanta United
- MLS David Beckham is not worried about Inter Miami missing a DP